! Autopay Feature !
This article will go over the feature that will allow for auto-pay payments in the installable XE version of the software.
Before we can receive auto pay, we need to setup a CLIP Payments account ( click here to go to that article).
- From the main menu, click on CLIP Pay, then click on the Set Up and enter your credentials.
- Click customer list or files and then File maintenance. Setup as per screenshot below.
- From the front end item, select "Enter Transaction" (for QCLIPxe version).
The above process will verify/authorize through Card Connect (formerly BluePay) ( i.e. whether customer have valid card, balance etc.) once it is approved. Otherwise, give a short exception of reject reason from "Card Connect (formerly BluePay)" and then the user can proceed to final "post" for those approved transaction(s).
Once you have set up your CLIP Pay account, you can proceed to setting up each customer's account.
In file maintenance, find the customer that wants to pay via credit card (or ACH) automatically. Click on the financials tab, and then click on the bank tab.
Choose the "slot" you want to place the credit card info into. Click on the radio button to make it the Primary Account. Click on the VISA sign to enter the Credit Card information from the customer. Use the "+" sign button to enter ACH (Bank Account) information.
Either of these buttons will take you to two more screens that collect the data for the Customer's account.
You will see the word "token" used throughout. A "token" is simply an identification number that is stored in CLIP and it identifies the CC or ACH information that is held securely by the CLIP Pay servers. By law, you are not allowed to keep this type of information in your own computer system. Storing this info is highly regulated. So, we collect the information on a secure website, store it in a secure server and issue a "Token" that can be used when you want to collect a payment.
Note that CLIP, or anyone in your office, should not keep credit card numbers on file.
Click on the "Auto Pay" check box to indicate that this customer wishes to be Auto Charged.
Return and you are done setting up the customer.
At the end of the month when you wish to use the auto pay function, complete the following steps:
- Transfer all of your invoices to QuickBooks.
- From the Files> Enter Transactions menu choice> Process Auto Pays button.
This will go through all of your customers that are marked as "Auto Pay" and will charge the credit card for any invoices that exist in QuickBooks. When they are approved, it will mark the invoice as paid. If they are not approved, it will alert you to the reason and give you a report of all of the Auto Pays that were unsuccessful.
Another way to process the Auto Pay is to access it from the QuickBooks Function Menu - Auto Pays.
You now have a list of all of your customers that are marked as Auto Pay with the amounts they owe. You can "un-check" certain customers if you desire.
Auto Pay in CLIP
In CLIPxe (as opposed to QCLIPxe), the process is similar. Set up your merchant account with CLIPPay. After that, click File Maintenance > Financials > Bank tab and set up the credit card number and information.
Run your billing at the end of the month and then from Enter Transactions click on the "Process Auto Pays" button to complete the process.
Making Auto Pay work BEFORE billing.
You have the option of adding the payment to the statement for your Auto Pay customers. The process is a little different and requires a few steps but it can be done fairly easily.
- Run your Billing process and then immediately Reverse the billing. This will create a temporary data base that has each customer's billing balance. This is used to figure out how much each customer will owe you once billing is done. Since you ran a billing and then reversed it, the balances are in this temporary table.
- Come back into Enter Transactions and click on the Process Auto Pays button.
- Click on the Check Box "Get From Last Billing" this will retrieve the balances that were created in step one.
- Process the Auto pay.
- Run your billing again and you will have a matching credit for each AutoPay customer along with their current balance, so they will end up with a 0.00 balance.