For CLIPxe and CLIP2Go to function properly, the programs will need to communicate with our server via the internet. On most computers nothing needs to be done, but on some systems it is blocked.
If you do NOT take care of this message within a span of a week or a week and a half, you may receive the message below.
When you start CLIP and get a message - "Could not establish an internet connection" - this is caused either by no internet or it is blocked.
Here is what needs to be configured on your system to allow access to our server(s). It may require configuring multiple services/programs/hardware on your side to allow the access. We are able to provide the setting information to you but unfortunately cannot support you on how to configure your systems to allow access to our verification server(s).
The following steps can be complicated and you may need the assistance of a local technician. This is beyond the scope of our technical support. The following steps should not be installed on any system running exchange server until your tech is very familiar with the process as it can corrupt the exchange server.
Please have your technician exclude the following programs from your firewall and any anti-virus/anti-spyware scanning programs:
- The file vclip.exe in the shared folder of CLIP
- CLIPV folder
- Ensure all users have Full Administrative rights.
- On server, make sure all users are allowed full control of the clipv folder.
- User Account Control (UAC) turned on if using Vista. To activate UAC on your other PC, go to Settings > Control Panel > User Accounts > Double Click your user account and click "Turn UAC on or off".
- You may also need to register the msxml4.dll file. To do that go to Start > Run and type the following command: regsvr32.exe c:\windows\system32\msxml4.dll
- You should receive a success message. If not you will need to reboot into safe mode and register the file there.
- Possible wifi / router interference - Your router may be blocking access to our servers. Set your router to allow all access.