The steps outlined below are intended to clear out your work bank. If you can get into CLIP, make sure all completed work is out of the work bank.
When receiving the message below on refreshing the work bank, do the following steps:
- Close everyone out of CLIP including your copy.
- Make a complete backup of the CLIP Program
- Right click your desktop shortcut to CLIP.
- Click on "Properties".
- Click on the button that says "Find Target" (in newer versions of Windows it's called "Open File Location").
- Double left click on the folder called DBF
- Delete the files call Day.dbf Day.cdx Day.fpt and day1.dbf day1.cdx, day1.fpt, daydetail.cdx, daydetail.dbf, daydetail.fpt, daystruc.dbf, daystruc.fpt and daystruc.cdx. Right click on each file and select delete (You may not have all of those files in your folder, delete the ones you do have).
- Click Back on the top left of the screen to go back to the CLIPv folder.
- Locate the file named "supp.exe" (or it will just read "supp"). Double Click this file.
Click "Ok," to the warning message and "Yes" to the next message. You will then be at the Support Menu.
- Click "Fix DBF's": If you get any error messages, Hit "Ok" or "Ignore".
- When "Fix DBF's" is finished, click "Return" to close out of the support utility.
- Then, click on "Clear CDX" (You may see some numbers flash in the corner...) If you receive a message that asks you to open a file, click on "Cancel". When done, click "Ok" then "Return".
- Open CLIP, you will see a message that says "You have just received an update" Click "Ok" Click "Yes" to the Backup question, and then let CLIP start indexing. (Say "No" if prompted to fill in longitude latitudes.)
- When CLIP is done indexing, then you will be inside the main CLIP screen.