If you receive an error in CLIP called "Memory File is invalid" or if you simply want to perform maintenance on CLIP, run through the following steps:
- Close everyone out of CLIP including your copy.
- Make a complete backup of the CLIP Program (CLICK here for instructions on making a backup).
- Right click your desktop shortcut to CLIP.
- Click on "Properties".
- Click on the button that says "Find Target" (in newer versions of Windows it's called "Open File Location").
- Locate the file named "supp.exe" (or it will just read "supp"). Double Click this file.
Click "Ok," to the warning message and "Yes" to the next message. You will then be at the Support Menu.
Click "Clear Mem Files"
CLIP will warn you that this will "reset all menu choices to default." This means that you will need to observe checkboxes in CLIP to verify settings are setup the way you had it since this will be reset.
Click "Yes" to confirm that you want to continue.
When finished, you will see a System Note "All MEM's cleared"
Return out of the support menu then open CLIP back up like normal.