When CLIP is set up in a simple Client-Server network, there are certain things that only one user can do at a time. That’s because you are actually sharing one copy of CLIP through Windows file sharing capabilities. When a CLIP user creates, updates or deletes information in the program, other users can’t access that information. With that in mind, here are a few things that can only be done by one person at a given time in qCLIPxe or CLIPxe.
Only one person is allowed to be in CLIP during Index Files.
- Be aware that this process will clear your work bank of completed work so please let your office know to post all of your completed work before proceeding further.
- Indexing uses all of the databases, so this procedure requires every user except the one performing the index to remain out of CLIP until indexing has been completed.
- Once you have started indexing, do not interrupt the process or close the program, before indexing has been completed, this can corrupt one or more of your databases.
Only one person can click on the Post Button from Record work.
- Posting work, takes all of the information that you have recorded for the jobs in the workbank, and then writes all of that data to the journal.
- No other interaction with the journal database can occur during this process.
- Entering work or editing job from history, can not be done while data is being posted.
- Others can be in the system during the process but cannot be in Enter Transactions or other processes.
Only one person can close the period (Billing Process).
- When you close the period, multiple databases are in use.
- When CLIP is aging accounts, information in the journal database is passed into the history database.
- During the Billing process, no other interaction with CLIP can occur, by design, to protect your data.
Only one person can be in Enter Transactions at a time.
- When you Enter Transactions, multiple databases can be in use.
- While you may be in CLIP while someone is entering transactions, you cannot access information that they are using to make those entries.
- Others can be in CLIP but cannot be in Enter Transactions.
QuickBooks Link can only be done by one person at a time.
- This function transfers information from CLIP to QuickBooks.
- In the process of moving this data over, it also updates the database about the information that was transferred.